Since the recent boom of coworking spaces, more and more people are looking for a flexible working environment that meets their needs. The modern workplace is in a time of change. The traditional 9-5 office work, with the cubicle in the corner, has been replaced by more flexible arrangements that can meet the diverse needs of coworkers.
With so many options out there, it’s essential to figure out which type of workspace is right for you. This post discusses several common types of coworking and what they offer to different workers.
1. General coworking
General coworkings offer a collaborative space that is not specialised for any particular industry. This type of coworking generally provides a comfortable environment where people can work together productively.
With a variety of coworkers from different backgrounds, you can develop your projects faster and more effectively. These spaces are most often located in large cities worldwide with varying ranges of price depending on the neighbourhood or locality.
A general coworking allows you to
- Increase productivity in the workplace
- Encourage creativity, collaboration, and innovation
- Create your community and make professional connections
- Work whenever you want, without schedules or limits
2. Coworking by profession
Another way to find your ideal coworking space is by profession or industry. Different jobs require different types of shared workspaces, so sometimes it’s no easy task to find a place with everything you need.
For example, freelancers working in art, media, or design may not have to meet the exact requirements as someone who works in technology or practices law or law. It’s essential to think about the type of project you’re working on when looking for a space to best suit you.
A coworking by profession
- Provides inspiring and helpful coworkers with the resources they need
- Lets you leave home to work in a place that inspires creativity, productivity, or leadership skills as appropriate
- Allows you connect freelancers and remote workers with local communities
- Provides freelancers/remote workers with an opportunity to interact meaningfully with other professionals
3. Coworking for creatives
In this type of collaborative space, you can work with other creatives or artists involved in projects similar to yours. That helps keep you motivated, and it’s much easier to communicate with peers in your industry because the feedback you receive may be more applicable than if you were consulting with someone who has never worked on creative projects.
People in creative workspaces also share tips on how to make the most of their time there. Not only is it possible that you will make great friends while working in this space, but you also learn about the industry and how to work efficiently.
A coworking for creatives allows you to
- Have your own creative space with equipment to use
- Get the perfect mix of professional and social media with coworkers in your industry
- Get access to workshops, events, and much more
- Save some money by avoiding expensive office rental
4. Coworking for artisans
A coworking dedicated to artisans is a space for professionals to come together and work with their hands. Workbenches replace desks for greater productivity during the day and effortless organisation. A selection of tools are usually available.
In addition, artisans wishing to become entrepreneurs will find that coworking centres offer a support system that meets their needs. Many spaces offer equipment rental, tutoring, event sponsorship, and networking opportunities.
Coworking offices for artisans help you to
- Reduce money spent on things like space, equipment, and supplies
- Work with other artisans to create innovative new products
- Collaborate with qualified designers/carpenters/inventors
- Rural coworking
Rural coworking spaces, as the name suggests, are usually found in rural areas.
Rural areas offer a calmer environment closer to nature for freelancers, digital nomads and all remote workers. These spaces provide all the necessary amenities, such as high-speed Internet access.
Our space La Colmena Cowork in Cadiz is a rural coworking. In this type of coworking you can
- Enjoy a the lifestyle of a digital nomad without the hustle and bustle of the metropolis
- Have access to all the amenities you need, such as high-speed Internet and meeting rooms
- Boost creativity and productivity with a calmer environment closer to nature
- Working in a remote but accessible environment
- Take advantage of the lower living costs of living in a small town or village.
6. Adventure Coworking
This is a more recent type of coworking space where you can enjoy outdoor activities with others while getting. Like an adventure themed “workation” (working vacation or holiday).
If you’re someone who values the outdoors, trying new things, and needs a place to focus on work at the same time, then this type of place is for you. You can make new connections and explore places with your coworkers or clients in an adventure coworking.
In adventure coworking, you can
- Get space dedicated to those who like the excitement of new adventurous experiences
- Mix outdoor activities into your working week with options like surfing, hiking, and rock climbing
- Enjoy the excitement of exploring new things with coworkers and current or potential customers
7. Coworking for large companies
Large companies are discovering the benefits of coworking centres.
Coworking is not just for the individual, there are also many benefits for large enterprises. This type of collaborative space allows team members to foster creativity by providing an environment to connect with others working in different fields of expertise.
Large companies benefit from reduced absenteeism, improved morale, and reduced overhead costs by ruling out purchase costs or high office rentals.
A coworking for large companies helps to
- Improve work-life balance
- Boost employee morale
- Maximise efficiency and collaboration in the enterprise
- Collaborate with improved communication between teams
- Attract better talent with a well-designed environment
- Provide employees with an unrivalled experience and work model
- Reduce operating costs by avoiding costly real estate rentals or purchases
If you’re looking for a coworking space, but aren’t sure where to start or what type of workspace will best suit you, we hope this article on the different types of coworkings has been helpful.
And of course, if rural coworking sounds enticing, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at La Colmena Rural Coworking.